Announcement

New Forum about the DAK and Tropical German army, and Allied army in WW2 only

#1 06-04-2011 16:24:54

Sebastian.V
Administrator

Forum Rules

Hello My Collector Friends,

thanks for your Registration,

Please Respect the rules : No Nazi Apologie or Racism, and please respect the other members, No Vulgarity,and Personal informations about a other Members.

Rules of Conduct.

1. Use Common Sense & Courtesies when posting.

2. Respect all others that contribute to this forum.

3. Post only relevant pictures as to the discussion (i.e., the Calgary Barfing Girl is not relevant). Nudity or other unacceptable photographs will be removed and replaced with MODERATOR CENSORED PICTURE NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR UNDERAGED VIEWERS TO VIEW.

4. Please use Internet Courtesies when posting. Posts entirely in CAP's should be considered yelling, and is advised against.  Posts with only selective WORDs in CAP's should be considered as a point is trying to be made, and is acceptable when presenting yourself.

5. When posting please use the language that is predominately used in the forum. As we don't want to have any miss-interpretations due to a language barrier. Vulgarity and Foul Language will not be tolerated, and will be the ONLY censorship applied and will be treated per this example: FOUL WORD(S) will be exchanged with MODERATOR CENSORED FOUL LANGUAGE.

6. We will be giving all a wide berth for all to post civilly here, however if a view, opinion or derogatory comment is being presented, please quote from where the public "evidence" to support your post may be found within the public domain (i.e., Publicly printed materials, http addresses, screen shots etc.). If one cannot ... this does invite the "HEARSAY WARNING" to be added to each of the offenders postings that has not followed the forum rules. So WE would remind all, if one is going to exchange views use reference for all to read.

7. We would politely ask if one is going to make derogatory comments concerning another Militaria Forum here, We would ask that one follows the RULE 6.  Like in a court of law without substantiated proof anything entered into evidence will be considered HEARSAY. We ask this in respect for other forums, as we do not want to get into "PISSING MATCHES" with other forums

8. We would also ask that use of Proper Sign-on name (i.e. Darth Vader, Black Knight etc) or Proper Given names (i.e., Bill, John, Dave etc.) be used in postings or discussion. We would not like any miss-interpretation to occur.

9. Political Anti-Semitic or Racist views will not be tolerated and will be the only form of complete CENSORSHIP.  These posts will be kept in a private non-public file for documentation for any law authories use or reference. The CENSORSHIP described will adhear to this publically viewable forum. Should our forum become private by invitation, age verification, or annual dues be required to view, CENSORSHIP rules may change at that time.

10. Any Photographic OR Language CENSORSHIP is being done as a courtesy for PUBLIC DECENCY. The CENSORSHIP described will adhear to this publically viewable forum. Should our forum become private by invitation or annual dues be required to view, CENSORSHIP rules may change at that time.

11. FINALLY THIS FORUM, NOR ITS PARTICIPANTS DO NOT CONDONE OR NOR SUPPORT THE VIEWS OF ANY CONTRIBUTING INDIVIDUAL OR ANTI-SEMITIC GROUP.

12. Have fun and LEARN something!

#2 03-12-2011 17:50:44

Toad

Re: Forum Rules

Hello Everybody,  Just signed up to the site today, came across it a couple of months back, brilliant forum.  Regards, Toad.

#3 03-12-2011 23:16:38

Bond
Veteran DAK Member

Hello Toad and welcome to the sand pit.

Regards,

Jerry

Regards,

Jerry B.

#4 10-05-2012 04:08:14

desertratter
DAK Member
Website

I'm new member and have a big interest in the DAK part of the war. Will try to send a picture of my uniform (different verisions : caps, helmets, shorts or long pants) but I'm a bit computer challenged and dont have alot of time to learn. Also have a good book : AfrikaKorps by Robert Kurtz which shows all kinds of uniforms and mentions good info, like: the second version pith helmet (the one without the seams in it) was made for the AfrikaKorps but was never issued to DAK. I found this out after I bought the pith helmet. Where I live their are reenactments, I just went to one but it was 2nd Panzer Div., against American Army, no DAK in this part of the country. One group that I know of does reenactments buts its in the State of California. Hope to learn through you forum.

#5 08-07-2014 21:41:44

Rebbaron55
Supreme DAK Member
Website

I am a new member here but long time observer of the site. Nice to see how much it has filled out over the last three years or so as I had almost read whole site at that time and went on to greener pastures and other related subjects. I have been collecting DAK items for about 30 years now on a moderate budget, as I used to go to "Great Western Gun Show" in Pomona twice a year about 1978-1987 and spend most of my savings! I will have to figure out how to reduce my photos to add to a couple of your excellent range of related topics. Thank you having this excellent forum and have already learned a lot from it!

#6 09-07-2014 10:22:56

Sebastian.V
Administrator

Hello Rebbaron, thanks for your registration wink

#7 08-10-2014 17:56:32

Heia Safari!

Hello gentlemen.I am Dominique from Belgium.First,I'm sorry for the poor quality of my english language.Recently,I was evicted regardless from my private museum by my wife because we became grand-parents.Now my tropical
treasures are sleeping in bananas-boxes.I do my best to present you correct dummies as quick as possible.Living in a country where the best collectors are only involved by the Battle of the Bulge and the Kampfgruppe Peiper,it is for me a great pleasure to discover your forum.Maybe my first contribution tomorrow!Best regards.

Belgium-Liθge

#8 09-10-2014 05:24:22

NZMark

Welcome!
We look forward to anything you can offer from your banana boxes!
Regards,
Mark

Student & Collector of WWII German Tropical Militaria

#9 09-10-2014 11:18:37

Sebastian.V
Administrator

Yep show me your great banana boxes ! wink

#10 28-10-2014 00:48:13

shr200

Hello, Greetings from Montpelier Va. USA. Just found your site and registered today. I just started collecting German ww2 headgear and field gear. I found a Luftwaffe overseas DAK hat. Hat has a faint date stamp of 1941, The eagle is there but the national colors decoration is absent. Can anyone advise if there was a practice for soldiers to remove these? I know they were removed from helmets. Any help greatly appreciated. Regards, Steve

#11 28-10-2014 05:18:25

NZMark

Hi Steve - Welcome!
The national colours would be the last piece of insignia removed - the swastika was the offending icon so that needed to be removed in many camps and on repatriation to Germany.
I'd like to see the sewing of the eagle? I have an m40 cap which had the cockade removed but the eagle is still intact and completely original to the cap (an NZ bringback).
Regards,
Mark

Student & Collector of WWII German Tropical Militaria

#12 28-10-2014 11:12:22

Sebastian.V
Administrator

Welcome to the sand forum Steve

#13 01-11-2014 01:35:22

shr200

I posted earlier on a hat I found. Here's a picture of the sewing on the eagle. Thanks, Steve

http://afrikakorps.forumcrea.com/img/avatars/afrikakorps/big/2592_afrika_korps_hat.jpg

#14 27-02-2015 00:40:54

herrzark
Friend Of DAK Forum

Hello.I am new in site. Maybe need some activation.Can someone help???

Last edited by herrzark (27-02-2015 15:24:00)

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss190/herrzark/de15a06e-209f-43dc-b28b-50aa3c94774c_zps6n2y3euw.png

#15 27-02-2015 16:21:38

don_kihotis7

herrzark wrote:

No activation is needed Nick.

Πως σου ήρθε αυτό? Δεν βλέπεις τις φωτό?

#16 27-02-2015 23:48:19

herrzark
Friend Of DAK Forum

don_kihotis7 wrote:

herrzark wrote:

No activation is needed Nick.

Πως σου ήρθε αυτό? Δεν βλέπεις τις φωτό?

Χτες Χρηστο δεν μπορουσα να απαντησω καπου.Σημερα ολα καλα.Η αληθεια ειναι οτι πηγα να σβησω το μηνυμα αυτο μετα αλλα δεν εσβηνε.ε το αφησα στο τελος

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss190/herrzark/de15a06e-209f-43dc-b28b-50aa3c94774c_zps6n2y3euw.png

#17 11-08-2015 03:48:55

Nehring

Thanks for having me as a new member.  I share a passion for the DAK and the desert campaign as well.  I too have a post war signed Gunther Halm photo in my collection.  Look forward to sharing that and my thoughts on the campaign history.  My paternal grandmother has lineage in the Nehrings from Pomerania, where Gen. Walter Nehring comes from.  Probably a very distant relative, but I'll take it!
Todd Darby

Last edited by Nehring (11-08-2015 03:55:00)

#18 11-08-2015 15:23:22

don_kihotis7

Hello Todd and welcome to the forum smile

Board footer

Créez Votre Propre Forum
Insιrer vos Graphiques
Dictionnaires de Traduction
Hébergé par ForumCrea.com