AFRIKA KORPS FORUM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in.

Announcement

New Forum about the DAK and Tropical German army, and Allied army in WW2 only

#1 26-03-2013 15:48:35

popartman

info reqd for new movie

Hi, i decided tp post up a new thread so if anyone wants to help its here. My introduction can be found in the new members hello/shout.

I'm looking for the following.

Photos of DAK POWs en route to USA, in US camps, on US farms & community.or web links to any.

recommended reference books. I have the new Fisher photo book, but need something meatier.History/collections, military illust, AK.One good book is all i need.

Re the removal of the soutache, how enforced was this? By the time DAK were taken prisoner and shipped out to US (Late 43?) were all soutaches removed?

Type of tank most commonly used by DAK 1942/43 in NA? and how many crew? usual rank of crew, ex driver? Any peculiarities to that combat uniform or field alterations?

source for repro uniform and boots..and best caps?..anyone making small runs here in UK?

also repro insignia...and a little more info on the 288 patch/unit. Thanks in advance...Elvis Davis

#2 26-03-2013 18:19:54

popartman

Re: info reqd for new movie

does anyone have a contact for the repro makers in poland? poznan..cant get the page to translate, so not sure if its correct..

#3 27-03-2013 02:25:58

Tel El Eisa
DAK Member

'' [ ( o ) ]     Afrika    [ ( o ) ] "
[::neutral_+_|:::]               [::neutral_+_|:::]

#4 27-03-2013 12:42:49

popartman

thanks..very useful..

can anyone identify the OG turtle neck jumper ive seen a few times worn over the shirt and under the tunic..it must be an issue item?

#5 27-03-2013 12:45:07

popartman

popartman wrote:

thanks..very useful..

can anyone identify the OG turtle neck jumper ive seen a few times worn over the shirt and under the tunic..it must be an issue item?

ah found it..its the crew neck..looks different in the photos..

#6 05-04-2013 11:46:42

msteve21
Friend Of DAK Forum

Hi Elvis

Best caps are made by Janke, Germany. made from identical war time cotton fabric

Here a couple of examples

http://afrikakorps.forumcrea.com/img/avatars/afrikakorps/big/75_dak_faded.jpg

http://afrikakorps.forumcrea.com/img/avatars/afrikakorps/big/75_pz_officer-2.jpg

Regards Mark S

Board footer

Créez Votre Propre Forum
Insérer vos Graphiques
Dictionnaires de Traduction
Hébergé par ForumCrea.com